Sunday, September 12, 2021

2021-08-28 Salt Fork SP Big Foot Rally!

 Tom & Gary put on a great rally at Salt Fork State Park in Eastern Ohio between Columbus and the PA border. This park is the largest state park in the state (Not the largest campground, though) and it is known for Big Foot sightings!!! So that was the rally theme.

Mike stopped by for a bit while I was working



Me & Callie!
I got there a few days before most and had Tom & Gary's site till they arrived and I moved to my site for the rest of the rally. My site wasn't avaialable for the early arrival and only their site was.




The empty site in the background is Gary & Tom's site where I was originally. This shot taken from my actual rally camp site
My site -

Wild turkeys!

Gary, Tom, Randy at Tom & Gary's site while they prep the welcome bags...


Suzie & John's setup with the '65 Globetrotter -
Ella & Tom's -



Tom & Gary's -
Ours!



Lindy's vintage Airstream - 




Charlie's
Kathleen & Jamie's rig -
Chris & Randy's -
Don't remember who's this is. :-O

Jane & Brad's -
Dawn & Dan's -

Sue & Mike's -
"Rallying!"



Lunch at the park lodge restaurant...
Tom, Mike, Alan, Sue, Ella
We had a home made Sasquatch piñata that Tom & Gary made!




Sue nailed it and decapitated it with one whack!!!

Kathleen & Jamie

Randy & Chris

Mike & Sue
The Naturalist gave our group a tour and short hike to the parks cave. It was a very easy hike and even I could do it! Later back at camp he stopped by and gave the group a talk on Big Foot!









The Big Foot talk!


Bingo and other campfire chat
Bingo!



Suzie with one of my awesome Bloody Mary's!   :-)





Carie & Alan with Gary the 'Squatch!
I did doggie sitting while the others went out on the rented pontoon boat and did some swimming and sunning. It was WAY too hot for me - in the 90's and humid!

A couple of great vintage campers and tow vehicles!



Baby 'Squatch!
And I almost forgot to put up this picture of Dawn's rig. Her Bambi!

2 comments: